Monday, March 28, 2011

Like a Box of Chocolates

We now return to KITT-FM, where it's all kittens, all the time. And now, broadcasting live from our studios in Purrbank, Cat-i-fornia - heeeere's your hostess, Mother Catresa!

Hi folks!

Forrest Gump, in his childlike wisdom, gave us many good lines in that wonderful 1994 movie. And in a conversation yesterday with a friend, I used one of Gump's witticisms to talk about fostering.

"Kittens are like a box of chocolates," I told my friend, Lane. "You never know what you're going to get."

Indeed. And tonight, I will be picking up my first "box of chocolates" of the season from the Humane Society, and I am excited with the wonder and mystery of what the box will contain. Will I get orphans, or kittens with a mom? How many babies will there be? And the most intriguing question is, what will they look like? Will I get orange or brown tabbies? Black kittens? White kittens? Tuxedos? Grays? Or something else?

Will the "box of chocolates" all be, say, peanut butter meltaway tabbies, or will it be one of those variety packs with some peanut butter, some caramel, some nutty, some raspberry creme, and others?

I'll find out soon enough tonight, and I can't wait. Mama C will report back very soon!

Until next time, I remain,
Mother Catresa
Patron Saint of Homeless Felines
(and the "smitten kitten")

No comments: